Some more progress on Cernunnos' tree. Comparing these pics to the last ones I posted, I realize it doesn't like like a whole lot has changed. But trust me, there was a lot of work done! The texture is completed on the trunk and all of the roots, and it has been baked so I don't mush all of my hard work accidentally.
I discovered that I am going to have to sculpt most of the smaller parts of the branches completely in epoxy clay, because I had to bend the branch wires back on themselves just to get this to fit in the oven. Oops. Working too big isn't usually my problem. But I figure I'll be able to do the main part of the large branch in polymer clay, bake it, and then finish the smaller branches off in epoxy clay. This is probably a good idea anyway, because epoxy clay is stronger than polymer clay, especially when it gets thinner.